Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm plus some out of hours support.
- We offer up to 31 days holiday including bank holidays.
- We have over 100 employees and are rapidly growing.
- Prestigious and established family run company.
- UK Coverage.
This job is a field based role for an experienced telephone/convergence engineer. Your day to day job will entail:
1. Installation and maintenance of Telephony TDM and IP Business Phone Systems.
2. Implementing and maintaining large campus style as well as hosted SIP telephone networks.
3. Installing and maintaining applications in large call centre environments, including call queuing, agent control, reports and wallboards.
4. Working on the NEC portfolio including 3C, SV9100, SV8100, MyCalls and UCB.
5. Fault finding on VoIP networks which will include the protocols SIP, RTP, T38, ALG, DNS, TCP, UDP, FTP, Multicasting, Layer 2 and 3 routing and Qos. As well as using tools such as Wireshark to identify problems with SIP extensions and SIP trunks.
6. Working with SBC, business grade routers and home routers to enable features such as port forwarding and ALG.
7. Working with Active Directory, DNS, SQL, DHCP and Exchange on windows servers.
8. Working closely with the end customers to make sure that they understand and can use their new Telephone Systems and its applications.
9. Working with and providing technical assistance to the other engineers.
10. Working with the office to help develop the engineering processes for the other engineers.
11. Being part of an on call rota.
You ideally will need to have certification on the NEC systems (training can be given for this), either a CCNA or CompTIA Networking+ qualification, MCSA or equivalent Server qualification and at least five years’ experience as a field engineer installing and maintaining large Call Centre Telephone IP systems. You will also need a full clean UK driving licence.