3rd Line Technical Support Engineer
This job is an office based role with occasional site visits for an experienced telephone/convergence engineer. Your day to day job will entail:
1) Configuration design and maintenance of Telephony TDM and IP Business Phone Systems
2) Design, planning, implementing and maintaining large campus style as well as hosted SIP telephone networks.
3) Project managing large multi-site installations.
4) Remote installation and maintaining applications in large call centre environments, including call queuing, agent control, reports and wallboards.
5) Working on the NEC portfolio including 3C, SV9100, SV8100, MyCalls and UCB.
6) Working with NEC to raise escalations on issues found with their equipment and software.
7) Fault finding on VoIP networks which will include the protocols SIP, RTP, T38, ALG, DNS, TCP, UDP, FTP, Multicasting, Layer 2 and 3 routing and Qos. As well as using tools such as Wireshark to identify problems with SIP extensions and SIP trunks.
8) Working with SBC, business grade routers and home routers to enable features such as port forwarding and ALG.
9) Working with xDSL, FTTC and Lease Line suppliers to resolve issues on customer’s sites.
10) Working with Active Directory, DNS, SQL, DHCP and Exchange on windows servers and helping to maintain these on our local network
11) Working closely with the end customers to make sure that they understand and can use their new Telephone Systems and its applications
12) Working with and providing technical assistance to the office staff as well as the engineers while they are on site.
13) Working with the office to help ongoing development of processes for project management.
14) Being part of an on call rota.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You ideally will need to have certification on NEC systems (training can be provided).
- CCNA or CompTIA Networking+ qualification.
- Minimum of MCSA or equivalent Server qualification.
- At least five years’ experience as a tech support or field engineer installing and maintaining large Call Centre Telephone IP systems.
- Full, clean & current UK driving licence.
Working for Global 4:
Global 4 and Home Telecom have 14 departments in- house which offer varied routes for progression.
The office has free onsite parking and is within walking distance from the town centre, train station and bus stops.
Our holiday allowance is 25 days a year (23 in your first year) plus bank holidays.
For more information about this position or to enquire what other positions are available please contact us.