2nd Line Support Engineer
Purpose: To provide a high quality service to new and existing customers whether managing Assurance or Engineering requests and exceeding expectations to ensure that all work is completed within the set service level agreements.
Salary £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
Hours: Monday to Friday - 08:30 to 17:30 - plus rostered "Out of hours" support on completion of training.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in a Telecommunications environment, and with BT Openreach preferred.
- Ability to give instruction clearly and concise.
- Experience working in a support desk role in an IT environment is desirable.
- Positive mindset, enthusiastic and confident.
- Able to prioritise and welcome daily challenges and embrace change.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organised.
- Attention to detail.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent knowledge (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Knowledge and experience with VOIP and router configuration is preferred.
- Basic understanding of SIP licensing, codex and PBX gateways.
- Basic understanding of technical computing terms, networking principles, desktop, Server, Mobile and LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Represent Global 4 to the best of your ability in a polite, professional and friendly approach.
- Responsible for own work-load management taking phone calls and emails ensuring that all emails are responded to within the appropriate Service Level Agreement. Raise / update a ticket for ALL customer and internal queries and requests within the set Service Level Agreements ensuring that the ticket is updated with all your internal and external actions for anyone to read and understand what has been done.
All parties must be regularly updated via emails and/or calls to ensuring they are kept fully up to date with the progress on their service tickets including resolution.
- Aim to provide a "First Time Fix" when assisting customers with all queries / issues over the phone or via email using documents such as system troubleshooting guides or seeking assistance where necessary.
- Pro-actively keeping customers and colleagues updated at all times up to and Managing Engineer schedules effectively and efficiently ensuring that all jobs are booked within 24 working hours upon receipt, ensuring all Engineers are aware at all times of upcoming appointments and what work is required.
- Continuously update all management information and statistic boards.
- Raising faults to correct external parties, liaising directly with them for a fast and efficient resolution. Notifying customers of Engineer visits at the time of making the appointment and the day before (to remind them of the booked appointment).
- Calling all customers after an Engineer has attended their site to review the service provided and to ensure that all the necessary work has been completed to a high standard. Ensure all faults are resolved.
- Jointly manage the stock room with the team to ensure that an adequate level of equipment is available at all times that need to be sent to customers. Such activities include logging in returned equipment and providing general housekeeping.
- Forge a close working relationship with the Team Leader within your section; discussing such things as work volumes to ensure that all work received is covered in the set time scales.
- Update the Team Leader on escalated customer requests in order to arrange appropriate support or assistance if required.
- Providing cover and support for all team members especially during holidays and sickness.
Working for Global 4:
Global 4 and Home Telecom have 14 departments in house which offer varied routes for progression. We are a family run company and offer a fantastic working environment. There are numerous Charity events across the year, team building days, a good social life, training opportunities and Friday is "dress down day" The office has free on-site parking and is within walking distance from the town centre, train station and bus stops. Our Holiday allowance is 25 days after your first year which is 23 days plus bank holidays.